Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

And it is a happy one, this year. I'm gainfully employed, which pays the bills right now. I have four loving furkids in Bouncer, Smudge, Tinkerbell and Raffles (though Raffles is still determining whether or not she likes humans enough to allow petting again). My car runs well. I have a reasonably liveable home, even if it is a rental. I have plenty to eat and wear. I have plenty to keep me occupied in my free time. And above all else, I have a family and many friends who fill my life with love and friendship, including my husband (I love you all SO MUCH!!!). There are days I'd cheerfully wish him in the ground, as I'm sure he could me as well, and I know that's normal with every couple. There are days as well when I can't imagine life without him, because I'd be completely miserable. So Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I hope you all have as much to be thankful for as I do.

Our food is waiting on final touches. Morning wake up time is upon me, and I am busy with that, and then there's chores to do. On a homestead, there's NEVER a day when there's absolutely nothing to do. There's always something. Today, hubby is trying to get that heater core done, though he thinks we may have to make a holiday run to the auto parts store (which is open today) and take the heater core back that he got last weekend, because he thinks it may not be the right one, even though they ordered it for his truck. I hope not; the traffic will be miserable and I really don't want to go out. Me, I have several things to do. Trash has to be gathered up and burned, the bed needs remaking, cat boxes have to be cleaned as usual. Plus what cooking needs doing, but that will come later, to keep things more or less in line with our usual break time at work.

Most of today, however, will be spent on Mom's lap quilt, in an attempt to get a huge chunk done on the last butterflies. I know I won't get it done, but I can make a stab at getting a ways further. Time right now is not my friend in the case of this thing, because I know I won't get it done by Christmas by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm putting effort in to TRY. Anyhow, my day has to get crack-a-lackin', so I'm outta here. Life's good, I'm reasonably happy, and once I get things organized and chores done, I'm rewarding myself with a short nap (even though I should put that time into the lap quilt ... I do need enough sleep, too).

Not doing books today as we all deserve a day off of whatever to spend with our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment