Saturday, November 8, 2014

TGIF and Saturday

TGIF because I'm wiped. I'm tired of doing my job and someone else's at work and only getting paid for my own job. I'm tired of the BS of people on the line thinking it's funny as all heck to throw a bunch of tenders in a huge pile and send them up to me to mess with. I'm tired of starting out with a partner, who goes on first half bathroom break and doesn't come back to the line, because they go see a supervisor and decide they want to do something else and leave me hanging. So, in order to get paid more for all the BS I put up with, until such time as I can afford to quit that stupid job, I'm going to work off a couple of points while learning the cone line. It will hurt more and all, but oh well. I'll survive. This does mean a pay hike to just over $13 an hour once I get the hang of things and points are down enough to actually get put on the line permanent.

That's the bad news. The good news is, I'm comfortable with things as they are right now, today will be halfway decent, weather-wise, to where we can take the truck to work, I'm progressing on the lap quilt some more, and I found out where my booboo is on the latest strip on the mile a minute scrap afghan. While this means the bad news of having to frog back (ie, you "rippit, rippit, rippit") to the booboo, it also means that the good news is, the darn thing will look correct now! And I didn't lose that much, just the last round, because apparently, I can't count and made the booboo right at the start, lol.

I kind of hope tonight is a short kill so we get out at a reasonable hour. Overtime is nice, but it would be even nicer to make a fast run to the store for staples after work when there are no people to speak of there, and avoid the crowds tomorrow. So with work going as it is, is it any wonder that I'm pooped? Urgh. Homesteading's easier than a real job!

And Saturday was not great, could have been better, but I'm not rehashing a lot of it because it's just stressful and I am trying to reduce the stress. Suffice it to say that saving up a downpayment is a necessary evil, though it will take a while and be a while before we can buy anything. Our credit scores are in the toilet, not because we owe a lot of stuff, but because we don't owe a blasted thing. I'm serious - no outstanding bills, no credit cards, nothing against us on the things. We live within our means entirely. Because of this, it apparently means we are a "bad credit risk." Seriously???? Folks who are living well beyond their means get credit card offers and all kinds of stuff darn near thrown at them with a big "TAKE ME!" sign attached. Us? We get told we don't have anything recent enough and hear no. I'm shaking my head on that one. You'd think the folks who live within their means would be a better credit risk because they refuse to use any if they don't have to absolutely do so.

Oh well ... didn't get a lot done on the lap quilt today at the laundromat because I was trying to solve sudoku puzzles. I was doing that instead because of all the people with uncontrolled small children in there and I didn't want to get anything spilled on it or have them grab it for whatever reason. I did get myself a corded mouse as backup today though, and good thing I did. My wireless mouse is dead. Time for a replacement and at less than $10, if this one goes out in a while, I won't care. Plus no changing batteries anymore. Last night at work sucked, I hurt, and I wasn't even on the cone line. It was just a crappy night at work and now I'm pooped again and need a nap in the middle of my day, so I'm off to have one. Yay me!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment