Saturday, November 29, 2014

I'm pooped

But I'm content as well. Everything's done for the weekend again, other than normal daily chores that will have to be done tomorrow no matter what. Grocery staples and laundry are all put away, and I have plenty of time to goof off the rest of the weekend. When your only livestock is four cats, and it's a bit off in the weather department to get out and do things, you tend to get a lot done indoors.

For me, that means a lot of crafting and either DVDs or my half-dozen shows I watch on the computer. All the harvesting and putting up for the season are done, and thus, I have as much as six months of things to do like needlecrafts, soap making, various lotions and potions for health and beauty, deep scrubbing, organizing, and just all the things that long summer days don't generally tend to lend themselves well to, as there are so many things that have to be done when the weather is cooperative.

Though today and tomorrow are odd. We're having an uncharacteristic warm spell this weekend, with summer weather and fall winds. It makes for a nice couple of days, and allows for some extra cleanup outside tomorrow during daylight, so probably a lot more wood will be cut and stacked for the winter from the pile of seasoned large brush and small trees. Make hay while the sun shines, as the saying goes, or in this case, make firewood. Much easier to haul in a bit at a time that's ready to just chuck in the stove than to have to cut it as you need it.

Good weather on a homestead means quite a bit of heavy chores. Bad weather means repairs and other things that can be done indoors and out of the weather. I'm just glad weather is nice this weekend, as it means a few extra hours of outdoor work that I wasn't expecting. Plus all this wind will bring down more dead branches that I can cut up for firewood.

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment