Sunday, November 23, 2014

Interesting day

Well, chores are done, finally, despite not feeling too well. Laundry's put up, water's on for showers, trash is cleared up (stored in front bedroom till tomorrow when it will be burned), litter boxes cleared up as the cats have finally started to use the one in the bathroom after several MONTHS of having two. I need to make myself something to eat, as we are doing scrounge night tonight, and I'm hungry.

Progress on things:

Garden is finally, completely cleared up for the year. Everything's pulled and tossed into the compost heap. Looks bare out there now.
Lap quilt is coming along. Talked to Mom today and she is done with all the green (butterfly names and all the vine work) and two butterflies. I am finishing up the backstitch detailing on the fifth butterfly today, but she is catching up. I know I won't have it done on time, and she has more time than I do to stitch, but it's still a bit wild to know she's gotten that far on the one for Aunt Liz.
Mile a Minute afghan is put aside for the moment so I can work mostly on the lap quilt. Also, the yarn that was going to go into the "antifreeze afghan" is going to go for this instead as there's about a quarter of an afghan's worth of yarn there that I won't have to go hunt down bits and bobs in the front bedroom to finish up that much of it when I get back to it. I picked up a washable lingerie bag at the dollar store yesterday, so next weekend, the whole thing, tote bag and all, goes in there and gets washed separate from the regular laundry to get the rest of the antifreeze out of the yarn and make it usable again. It's going to be a nightmare untangling it when it's washed and dried (thank goodness it's all acrylic, so it won't felt), but woth it, I think, to salvage some of those lovely colors and put them to use.

And hubby started in on the heater core this afternoon after his chores. He's now taking a nap, and annoyed that he hasn't gotten it done yet. He needs a really long ratchet extension that he doesn't have, so he has to make a choice. Either stop at the auto parts store in town tomorrow on the way to work and hope they have one at reasonable cost, or put back together what he's taken apart, and save up a bit to have the shadetree mechanic, Randy, do it. Hubby does not want to pay someone to do it, but I fear it will come to that.

But for now, I need to go eat before I hunt down books. Hugs all!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment