Monday, November 24, 2014

I am pooped

Slept like a log, and still tired. It's just that kind of a day today, and of course, it HAS to happen on a Monday. Ah well ... a few more days and I get a midweek day off for the holiday. Thank goodness. If I sleep half the day away, so what. Everything is done other than finger food prep, which won't take long as I can enlist the help of hubby to cut up stuff. The trouble is, I have to hand him stuff he won't eat while he chopping and slicing, haha! I'm making really good progress on the lap quilt, and with the weekend time I had on it, I got the fourth butterfly completed and am well into the fifth. I still won't get it done by Christmas, but that's okay. Mom will understand.

Speaking of which, she's funny. She got a new cellphone because her old one was costing her a lot of money. Since she retired and got rid of the landline for the office, everybody has been using the cell number. In order to save a bit of money, she went to a contract phone. Problem for her is, it's a smart phone, and she keeps messing with it and accidentally dialing me, haha. Last night, 1AM her time, she's playing and calls me. TWICE. In under three minutes. So I had to text her and ask if she was messing with the phone again, which she was.

She has a craft show this weekend that she's excited about. Her first one was a bust, but the weather was crappy and it was a bad location anyhow. This one is an annual show that's well attended. I had photos my daughter had posted to FB of a couple of the crib covers she's made, so I put them up with a post to all my local groups back home to remind folks to go to the show and buy stuff, lol. If I had more photos of her things, I would post them on some of the local to me yardsale groups, too! The more exposure, the better!

Of course, once I get her lap quilt done, I can take a different project to work with me to work on before work, and go from there, as I sell similar stuff. Then again, I also use Etsy, because craft shows down here are few and far between. You have to have yard sales where everybody expects huge discounts or you go to swap meets and outdoor flea markets where folks still expect huge discounts. NOT going to happen on my crafting, as I put too much time and effort into it. Anyway, it's off to get ready for work for me, yahoo.

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment