Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Still cold but warmer than it was

The weather continues colder than average, which isn't good, but it's a good fifteen degrees warmer right now than it was this time yesterday, which is good. Makes it rather a toss-up for whether or not to call it "better" on the weather! Here it is only Tuesday and I am anxious for the weekend to get here so I can sleep in for a couple of days! One thing about working off the homestead that bugs me is that on cold days like today, you can't just get up long enough to do necessary chores and then crawl back under the covers. You have to still get pulled together and go to work. That I work in a cold, wet environment as well really doesn't make it easier to get rolling in the morning.

Hubby felt like crap with a headache yesterday, so he called in. As we weren't heading in together, I chose to get a couple hours extra sleep instead of heading in way early and then sitting there in a cold break room trying to stitch on the lap quilt. I know, I should have kept to schedule like when hubby and I are riding together, but the bed was warm and cozy and the break room isn't, and since the darn thing isn't going to be done by Christmas no matter how hard I try, I figure one day is not going to hurt on not stitching on it once in a great while. Which also meant I did no work on the scrap afghan, either, but I'm not worried. All my winter projects will get done again this year, and I know this because I have off days every year when I have to work instead of stay home and hibernate. I keep telling myself that each day that passes is one day closer to goal, and that's what keeps me going. So it's time to get this posted so I can go back to sleep for an hour while hubby pulls his crap together (he is so slow it's not funny - he has long hair so he spends over an hour on it every work day), and then I'll be ready in about half an hour after that while he goes and warms up the car. Hugs, all!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment